DIRECTOR OF BILLING AND COLLECTION SERVICES
The Richmond office is seeking an individual to perform and supervise functions related to the firm’s cash conversion cycle to include new client/matter intake, credit screening, evaluation and approvals of alternative fee arrangements (AFAs), time entry, billing, cash application, collections, write-offs and write-downs, analysis and reporting of unbilled and billed accounts and collections information, systems development and support analysis and operating policy and procedure development. This position has a heavy emphasis on the monitoring and collection of unpaid accounts receivable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent desirable.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible related work experience; a good balance of process/functional knowledge, systems experience and demonstrated management skills also necessary.
- Experience in a professional services and/or legal industry is desired.
- Experience with development of pricing strategies and alternative fee arrangements (AFAs).
- Must possess the technical ability and related experience to perform and manage all of the assigned functions. Key requirements include related billing and collections experience, along with strong diagnostic, problem solving, and management skills. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Experience with Elite 3E Law Firm Management Software are helpful.
- Strong commitment to client service excellence and teamwork. Must possess the highest standards of ethical conduct and professionalism.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and track an extensive amount of detail at all times.
- Must be able to plan, organize and manage the work of a direct report staff.
- Must be able to prepare an annual operating plan and budget, project plans, and follow-up on work assignments as required.
- Must possess outstanding written, oral and interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of attorneys, management, staff and external clients. A strong customer service approach is essential.
- Should possess experience and confidence with demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise excellent judgment.
- Must fully understand and comply with confidentiality principles.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work hours as needed to meet critical deadlines.
- Occasional travel to other firm offices is required.
Please send resume with salary requirements to: