IT - Technology Network Specialist
The Richmond office of Hirschler has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Network Specialist to join the firm’s Technology department. As a Network Specialist, you will perform tasks related to the firm’s Network on a daily basis. These tasks will include maintaining, troubleshooting, and documenting the Network, applications maintenance and related systems, as well as ensuring prompt support for our users.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and help maintain the firm’s intranet webpage and custom web applications utilizing HTML, PHP and other programming languages
- Develop and use SQL queries for detailed reporting and knowledge transfer (ex. Elite/3E, viDesktop, iManage, etc.)
- Utilize knowledge of common business programs such as Windows 10, MS Office Suite, browsers, as well as Apple and Android devices.
- Ensure successful ongoing operation of supported applications and systems
- Recognize patterns in reported incidents, diagnose underlying root causes and devise timely and effective workarounds as necessary
- Participate in the planning, implementation and testing phases of application and database installations and upgrades
- Develop and manage working relationships with Vendors and act as primary liaison between them and the team
- Adhere to established departmental procedures and standards
- Support applications and users during off hours when required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems or other related field preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint and Office 365
- Extensive development knowledge of modern HTML and PHP required
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office product suite
- Experience with VMware, Azure AD and Citrix preferred
- Strong background with server and client technologies
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with SAN and computer networks. Knowledge of 1st level hardware experience is required.
- Previous experience working in a legal or professional services firm preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with business operations preferred
- Additional training or certification in other software packages desired
- Must be available to work during off-hours and provide on-call support
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs