REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL - Fredericksburg
Great opportunity for an experienced, real estate paralegal to join our growing Fredericksburg team. In addition to supporting Hirschler’s commercial real estate practice with complex transactions, this candidate will also assist, as needed, with our land use and zoning practice. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and manage all aspects of complex real estate transactions including loan closings and supporting attorneys as needed;
- Manage due diligence activities, including creating and monitoring due diligence checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules and assisting with closing as needed;
- Analyze title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; prepare title and survey summaries; identify and recommend title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinate with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions.
- Address post-closing matters and oversee preparation of closing binders.
- Assist, as needed with land use and zoning matters to include preparation and filing of land use applications; Interacting directly with clients and local government officials in the zoning and permitting process; attending community meeting(s) during normal business hours and evenings as requested;
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This paralegal must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous paralegal experience required – preferably 2-5 years related commercial real estate transactional and/or land use/zoning matters;
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service;
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities necessary;
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail required;
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 500
Richmond, VA 23218-0500