ASSISTANT CONTROLLER - Richmond
Great opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to join our Richmond team. This candidate will assist our Controller with all aspects of firm’s finances. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting firm’s accounting management (month-end close, billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with firm guidelines and requirements;
- Assisting with preparation and monitoring of annual budget;
- Retirement plan administration;
- System administration – to include a major system conversion in 2020;
- Payroll processing;
- Assisting with annual review, working with controller and auditors as needed;
- Preparation of bank reconciliations;
- Reporting and Scheduling
- Assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with established best practices
- Assists with development of reports for firm management;
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in systems and identifying process efficiencies and experience with implementing internal controls. Additionally, this individual will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; respect for discretion and confidentiality; the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This professional must demonstrate flexibility with respect to assignments and present a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service, as well as, demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- 5 years of previous accounting experience required – Experience in a professional services, public and/or managerial accounting and/or legal industry is desired.
- BS in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, special focus on Excel required;
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service – internal and external;
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities necessary;
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail required;
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 500
Richmond, VA 23218-0500