Great opportunity for an experienced paralegal to join our Richmond office assisting with corporate and business transactional matters, entity formation and maintenance, and SEC, UCC and Blue Sky filings. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with preparation and filing of formation, dissolution and state qualification documents required for various business entities (i.e., corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, etc.).
- Create and maintain corporate minute books, maintain electronic records and monitor filing deadlines.
- Assist with drafting entity organizational documents, such as shareholder and director resolutions, bylaws and operating agreements.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of UCC filings and handling UCC filing search requests.
- Assist with the completion and filing of SS-4 Forms with the Internal Revenue Service for the purpose of obtaining Employee Identification Numbers (EINs) for various business entities (i.e., corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, etc.).
- Work directly with attorneys on private securities offerings and related SEC filings. Assist with preparation of Form D, Blue Sky and other federal and state compliance filings, correspond with state regulators regarding filings, and track and monitor filing renewal dates.
- Assist with trademark and copyright applications and documentation, docketing, reporting, maintenance and electronic filing (no prior experience required).
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This paralegal must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous paralegal experience required – preferably 3-5 years related corporate organizational, securities and/or transactional experience, working with corporate documents and corporate filings.
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail required.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.