Hirschler is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented accounting professional to join our team as Assistant Controller. Working in our Richmond office, this full-time position will collaborate directly with our Controller and be involved with all aspects of the firm’s finances. This position requires a solid understanding of financial principles, exceptional analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare financial statements and reporting.
- Organize, prepare and process payroll.
- Assist with the general ledger and serve as support and backup for accounts payable and receivable.
- Perform regular reconciliations of bank accounts, credit cards and other financial transactions.
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assist in coordinating and managing annual audit processes.
- Support tax filings and ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Help develop and implement internal controls to safeguard firm assets and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in an accounting or finance role, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position required; experience in a professional services, public and/or managerial accounting and/or legal industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field; CPA license is strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and financial regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial reporting.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with people in various positions within the firm and with external clients.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and ethical standards.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Hirschler is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.