Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Great opportunity for an experienced, commercial real estate paralegal to join our Richmond team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and manage all aspects of complex real estate transactions including loan closings and supporting attorneys as needed;
- Manage due diligence activities, including creating and monitoring due diligence checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules and assisting with closing as needed;
- Analyze title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; prepare title and survey summaries; identify and recommend title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinate with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions.
- Address post-closing matters and oversee preparation of closing binders.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This paralegal must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous paralegal experience required – preferably 3-5 years related commercial real estate transactional matters;
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service;
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities necessary;
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail required
Competitive salary and benefit package offered. Hirschler is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.