COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
Great opportunity for an experienced, commercial real estate paralegal to join our Richmond, Fredericksburg or Tysons team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and manage all aspects of complex real estate transactions including loan closings and supporting attorneys as needed;
- Manage due diligence activities, including creating and monitoring due diligence checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules and assisting with closing as needed;
- Analyze title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; prepare title and survey summaries; identify and recommend title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinate with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions.
- Address post-closing matters and oversee preparation of closing binders.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This paralegal must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous paralegal experience required – preferably 3-5 years related commercial real estate transactional matters;
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service;
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities necessary;
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail required;
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Hirschler, A Professional Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 500
Richmond, VA 23218-0500