TRUST AND ESTATE PARALEGAL
Great opportunity for an experienced, paralegal to join our Richmond team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of decedents' estates, including the preparation of fiduciary inventories and accountings to be filed with Commissioner of Accounts and other required probate filings.
- Administration of trusts, including reconciliation of monthly account statements, preparation of distributions to beneficiaries, preparation of checks for invoices, maintaining Accounting and asset records.
- Preparation of beneficiary receipts, releases and indemnification agreements.
- Meet and communicate directly with clients on trust administration and estate administration matters.
- Communicate directly with the Commissioner of Accounts, Trustees, beneficiaries, Attorneys, Accountants, and other advisors.
- Assistance with drafting standard estate planning documents and other legal documents (power of attorney, wills, court petitions, resignations, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This paralegal must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous paralegal experience required – preferably 3-5 years related estate administration experience;
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service;
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities necessary;
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail required;
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 500
Richmond, VA 23218-0500