"I consider each clients' objectives and circumstances before providing any advice. I learn and grow from every relationship and use that knowledge to help tackle challenges and provide innovative solutions."
Alina advises institutional investors – pension funds, endowments, private foundations, family offices and outsourced chief investment offices (OCIOs) – with their investments in private investments funds as well as private fund sponsors with the formation and ongoing operation of their private investment funds. She also represents investment advisers and broker-dealers with the formation and ongoing compliance of their investment firms. Additionally, Alina helps clients with a broad range of securities and corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and formations.
Alina considers the tax, regulatory and other circumstances of each institutional investor while analyzing and negotiating the terms of such institutional investor’s investments in private equity, mezzanine, hedge (U.S. and offshore), energy, real estate and venture capital funds as well as co-investments and separately managed accounts. She works with private funds sponsors to form pooled investments vehicles, including private equity, hedge and real estate funds, and helps with their ongoing state and federal securities compliance, including updating Form ADV disclosures and reviewing advertising material. Alina also assists newly-formed investment advisers and broker-dealers with state and federal registration and ongoing compliance with FINRA regulations.
Prior to joining Hirschler, Alina interned with the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission through its Student Honors Program and examined broker-dealers’ compliance with securities regulations. She is an active participant in the firm’s Associates Committee.
- Represented institutional investors in investments, ranging from $10 million to $250 million, in private equity, mezzanine, hedge, energy real estate and venture capital funds.
- Assisted an endowment with the refinancing of a $100 million private equity portfolio.
- Formed the investment office and multiple fund of funds for a prominent state university to manage its endowment and foundation assets.
- Formed three hedge funds with varied investment strategies for an investment manager with over $13 billion in assets under management.
- Created a series focusing on illiquid investments for a hedge fund managed by an investment management firm with over $164 million in assets under management.
- Formed the US feeder fund for a hedge fund investing in Indian securities.
- Assisted investment advisers with their exit from one of the largest investment adviser firms in the US.
- Represented an art creation and distribution business in the $16 million sale of its business to a strategic buyer.
- Assisted a beverage distributor in the $43 million sale of its business to a strategic buyer.
- New York, NY, 11.05.2018
- Richmond, VA, 10.09.2018
- SEC Adopts Broker-Dealer Best Interest Rule and Disclosure Duties for Broker-Dealers and RIAs, Publishes Key Advisers Act Interpretations06.11.2019
- James Van Horn, Jr. and Alina Savage Co-Author "Altering the Deal: Subscription Credit Lines in Private Funds," The Nappa Report10.01.2017
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Alina’s love for travel started at the age of six when she moved with her family to the United States from Belarus. She visits her family in Belarus every few years and has taken those opportunities to explore the rest of Europe. She has visited 18 countries in Europe but hopes to increase that number soon!
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors
The University of Richmond, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude