"It is an honor and a privilege to counsel clients day in and day out, and I undertake those duties with that in mind. By far my favorite part of practicing law is partnering with a business, truly understanding their objectives and culture, and counseling them to achieve their desired outcomes."
Allie’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions as well as leveraged finance and capital markets transactions, including acquisition financing, recapitalizations and corporate diligence. She routinely advises private equity groups in both buy-side and sell-side transactions, founders in the sale of their family businesses, both banks and borrowers in financing transactions, and a wide array of business owners in day-to-day corporate decision making.
Prior to joining Hirschler, Allie worked as a corporate associate at Proskauer Rose in New York City. She is a chair of the firm’s Associates Committee and an active participant in Hirschler’s Women’s Initiatives Network.
Selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star,” Virginia Super Lawyers, Securities & Corporate Finance; Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters, 2016-2020
Represented various private equity groups in:
- Several international acquisitions, including targets in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Costa Rica and Brazil.
- Platform company and add-on acquisitions across a wide range of industries, including advertising and multimedia services, industrial manufacturing, healthcare, insurance and construction industries, including:
- $330 million acquisition of a leading communications reseller
- $150 million sale of a leading industrial manufacturer of extruded plastic sheets
- Acquisition financing and recapitalization transactions, including:
- $140 million in financing, consisting of $70 million in senior secured financing and $60 million in mezzanine financing to support an acquisition in the media communications space
- $65 million in senior secured financing to support a dividend recapitalization of a specialized manufacturer of glass
- $80 million senior secured financing to acquire an industrial roller manufacturer with international operations
- $75 million senior secured credit facility, with credit lines in U.S. Dollars and Pounds Sterling to support an international manufacturer
- Providing day-to-day outside general counsel services to various platform companies
Represented founder sellers in connection with:
- Sale of a large food distribution business to a private equity firm
- Sale of an industry-leading truck leasing company to a large publicly traded company
- Sale of a start-up software company to a large publicly traded software company
- Sales of various electrical supply distributors to strategic acquirers
- Sales of various types of retailers to both strategic and financial buyers
Represented an investment bank in connection with:
- $450 million senior secured credit facility to a private equity group financing the acquisition of a leading specialized servicer of the worker’s compensation industry
- $175 million senior secured credit facility to a private equity group to finance the acquisition of a large retailer of fine watches and other apparel
- $335 million senior secured credit facility to a private equity group to finance the acquisition of a national chain of physical therapy rehabilitation centers
- $290 million asset-based revolving credit facility to a public company specializing in e-book commerce in order to refinance existing indebtedness
- Richmond, VA, 10.03.2018
- Off to the Races: SBA Paycheck Protection Program Application Period Opens Today: Key Updates and Guidance04.03.2020
- "Material Adverse Effect” Clauses in the Context of COVID-19 and Their Impact on Loan and Acquisition Agreements03.30.2020
- Loan Forgiveness Under the Stimulus Act: Is Now The Time To Apply for Your First SBA Loan? (And Other Loan Benefits of the CARES Act)03.27.2020
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
When not practicing law, Allie can usually be found making, learning or dreaming about the future of Virginia wine. She takes various viticulture and enology classes within and beyond the Commonwealth of Virginia, tends to her (micro) backyard vineyard, and gets way too excited for harvest season each fall. One day, she and her husband hope to have a boutique wine label made from 100% Virginia-grown grapes. Between now and then, she hopes to learn the art of making sparkling wine from the traditional méthode champenoise.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
Wake Forest University, B.A., summa cum laude
- New Jersey