"The opportunity to serve others is the highest of honors and most rewarding of undertakings. Thanks to the law and medical missions in the interior of Central America, I have been afforded the opportunity to serve in abundance."
Bud previously served as chair of Hirschler’s highly-regarded trial practice. He has been blessed with more than 40 years of wonderful opportunities to serve deserving clients in federal and state courts in Virginia and nationwide, the Southern District of New York, and the Virginia Supreme Court. He has represented clients in matters as diverse as securities litigation and arbitration, products liability, medical and professional malpractice, catastrophic personal/brain injury, wrongful death, employment law, estate and trust litigation, land use litigation, savings and loan institution failures, law firm and physician practice group split-ups, public utility regulatory proceedings, tax litigation, shareholder oppression/corporate governance matters, state agency professional licensing hearings and white-collar crime. These matters have often involved very substantial monetary amounts at issue.
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2022
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2009-2021
Named to "Legal Elite" (Family/Domestic Relations), Virginia Business, 2003-2011, 2017, 2019-2020
Selected for inclusion as a “Super Lawyer,” Personal Injury, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2010-2014
AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- 37 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Best Lawyers in America, Three Honored As "Lawyers of the Year" and Nine As "Ones to Watch"08.18.2022
- 37 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®, Six Honored as "Lawyers of the Year" and Eight as "Ones to Watch"08.19.2021
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Bud has a passion for bicycling on trails (especially so-called “rail-trails”) that are backwoods and/or white-water river scenic (e.g., the Allegheny, New River and Creeper Trails) and, of course, the Virginia Capital Trail from Richmond to Colonial Williamsburg and (if feeling particularly insane) back. For him, the sights, sounds and folks on bike trails are a virtual cornucopia of Americana.
One of his favorite spots is Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater near Ohiopyle ─ just a stone’s throw off the Allegheny Trail( http://www.fallingwater.org ). Can one conceive of any locale and atmosphere more conducive to the forging of enduring friendships and the settlement of legal disputes?!
William & Mary Law School, J.D.
University of Dayton, M.A.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, M.S., Aerospace Eng.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.S., Aerospace Eng.
- Spanish (puedo conversar pero despacio no perfectamente)
- Firm News37 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Best Lawyers in America, Three Honored As "Lawyers of the Year" and Nine As "Ones to Watch"
- Firm News37 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®, Six Honored as "Lawyers of the Year" and Eight as "Ones to Watch"
- Firm News46 Hirschler Attorneys Named Among Virginia's Legal Elite