The Staff Experience
Pursuing a career at Hirschler can be a tremendously rewarding experience. You will work in a collegial atmosphere in which personal and professional friendships flourish, alongside skilled and knowledgeable people who take pride in their work and treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Hirschler is committed to helping all of our employees reach their full potential. To this end, we strive to continually enhance the professional development resources available to our employees.
We invite you to explore the many opportunities that await you by joining the Hirschler team. Discover why our employees are integral to Hirschler’s success.
We take pride in finding team members who will add to our collegial and entrepreneurial culture. We believe very strongly that diversity enhances the quality of our firm and enriches the experience of all of our attorneys and staff. We are always pleased to hear from you if you have an interest in joining Hirschler.
What To Expect
Our people are the key to Hirschler’s success. We strive to attract the best talent from diverse backgrounds and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. Our commitment to excellence and personal service is the foundation of our success and, as such, we seek to employ top quality professionals to achieve these objectives. We are a “people” company in every sense of the word – both to meet the needs and desires of our clients and to quickly express our appreciation of the talents and contributions of our team. We believe that the knowledge and experience our employees bring to Hirschler is one of our most valuable assets.
- Expect to find loyal professional staff members who have been with Hirschler for a very long time – many well over 30 years.
- Expect to find quality professionals who are respected by the attorneys and clients with whom they work.
- Expect to find a team of people who work together collaboratively in a collegial environment and who are appreciated for the contributions they make.
- Expect to find shared values which unite us in operating as “one firm,” and serve as a daily reminder of what it takes to reach our full potential -- accountability, quality, entrepreneurial spirit, collegiality, balance and reputation. Here, initiative and hard work are valued and rewarded.
- Expect to find celebration of our professional staff through our seniority recognition programs, staff appreciation events and reward and bonus programs.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits are an important part of the total compensation package at Hirschler and ours is designed to benefit every member of the firm and support each individual's diverse needs. Our benefits package includes:
Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
We provide comprehensive medical, vision and dental plans with options that allow employees to choose the benefits that are best for them and their family. Hirschler covers the cost for each employee’s health insurance coverage and provides a contribution toward the cost of coverage for family members.
Life and Disability Benefits
We provide a variety of life and disability insurance options to provide financial protection for our employees and their family, including Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Long Term Disability Insurance.
Work Life Benefits
Hirschler is committed to helping all of our employees reach their full potential. To this end, we strive to continually enhance the professional and personal development resources available to our employees by providing an Employee Assistance Program, flexible scheduling, parking subsidies, paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO), referral bonuses, legal fee reimbursement and tuition reimbursement, and access to an onsite fitness center. Hirschler also recognizes its employees through an annual Staff Appreciation Week celebration, Lunch On Us lotteries, monthly firm lunches, and family events.
We provide benefit programs that allow employees the opportunity to take advantage of tax-free and tax-deferral opportunities including health savings accounts, dependent care spending, health care spending accounts, 401(k) contributions, and 529 College Savings plans.
Length of Service Recognition
In recognition and appreciation of our professional staff employees, Hirschler is proud to sponsor a Service Recognition Program. Currently, a number of our benefit plans, including PTO, profit sharing, and short-term disability eligibility, are tied to length of service to show appreciation for our dedicated, loyal, long-service professional staff employees. Hirschler also recognizes special anniversaries through an annual seniority luncheon, celebratory champagne receptions, and gift certificates and cash bonuses.
The firm sponsors and encourages participation in our Retirement Plan, which includes employer safe harbor contribution, 401(k) salary deferral component, and Roth 401(k) feature.
REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
Great opportunity for an experienced, real estate paralegal to join our Richmond team. In addition to supporting Hirschler’s land use and zoning practice, this candidate will assist with complex commercial real estate transactions. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and file land use applications; interacting directly with clients and local government officials during the zoning and permitting process; attending community meetings during normal business hours and evenings as needed;
- Monitor and manage all aspects of complex real estate transactions including loan closings and supporting attorneys as needed;
- Manage due diligence activities, including creating and monitoring due diligence checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules and assisting with closing as needed;
- Analyze title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; prepare title and survey summaries; identify and recommend title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinate with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions.
- Address post-closing matters and oversee preparation of closing binders.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. This paralegal must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous paralegal experience required – preferably 3-5 years related commercial real estate transactional and land use/zoning matters;
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Highly developed communication skills with people in various positions and roles and must be able to work efficiently with attorneys, clients and outside organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service;
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities as necessary;
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail required.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered. To apply, please click here.
RECEPTIONIST – Tysons Office
Great opportunity for experienced administrative professional to join our team. This newly created, full-time position will provide reception coverage and administrative support in our Tysons office.
The successful candidate will be a liaison to our guests by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately, coordinating parking validations and providing building access as necessary. Duties will also include maintaining office calendar, conference room and visiting office reservations for this location, coordinating deliveries and receipt of packages, office services and facilities maintenance tasks, assisting with meeting and event preparations, as well as providing administrative support to attorneys and staff in this office, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have previous reception and administrative experience, preferably in a professional services environment, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and listening), respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize and multi-task. Hirschler’s receptionist must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
- Previous receptionist and administrative support experience required, professional services environment and legal administrative support experience helpful.
- Demonstrated superior communications skills (oral, written and listening) necessary;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service;
- Demonstrated proficiency with keyboarding and MS Office required;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities as necessary;
- Attention to detail required;
- Professional dress and demeanor required.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered. To apply, please click here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hirschler is firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We believe that diversity enhances the quality of our firm and enriches the experience of all of our lawyers and professional staff. Our firm recruits, hires, trains and promotes qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Legal Search Firms
Legal search firms should contact Ellen Purcell, Director of Human Resources in order to present candidates to Hirschler. Hirschler will not acknowledge “ownership” of a candidate who is not introduced through the Director of Human Resources with respect to an “Open Position." Search firms that desire to introduce a candidate for which there is no “Open Position” should contact the Director of Human Resources for approval to submit the candidate for consideration by Hirschler. Search firms will not be entitled to compensation from Hirschler as a result of a decision to offer employment to a candidate unless and until a written fee agreement is entered into between the applicable search firm and Hirschler. Any such compensation will be payable in accordance with such fee agreement.
Where you work is an important decision, and we want you to be well informed. Here we answer some of the frequently asked questions we receive about our staff recruiting process.
Q: How do I learn about openings at Hirschler?
A: We post open positions on the Careers page of our website and advertise openings on electronic recruiting sites such as Indeed and Monster.
Q: How do I apply for opportunities available at Hirschler?
Q: What is the interview process like for professional staff?
A: The interview process usually begins with a telephone call by one of our HR team members so that we can learn more about a prospective candidate’s background and experience. From there, select candidates are invited to visit our office and meet with the attorneys or managers with whom they will be working.
Q: Why should I consider Hirschler?
A: There are many reasons that Hirschler is a great place to work. Perhaps this question is best answered by sharing thoughts from some of our valued, professional staff members:
I enjoy working here because you don’t feel like just a number, you feel like part of a family. Working among friendly people who are always willing to lend a helping hand makes for enjoyable days in the office.
– Samantha Jacobsen
Being a part of the firm’s IT Department, we are responsible for configuration, setup and training of newcomers to the firm. When I meet someone, the conversation often leans towards where they are from and how long they were there, and, in turn I state how long I’ve been with the firm, which is close to 29 years and counting. They are always shocked! But I tell them, that’s one of the things that makes our firm so great, the longevity of so many of our employees. We are like a big family here! – Mary Ann Hernandez
Q: What is the onboarding process like at Hirschler?
A: Hirschler works hard to ensure that newly hired staff personnel are well integrated into the team. Each training process is customized to best meet the needs of the position and the experience of our new employees. Typically, the first few days are spent in orientation and training which includes hands-on, interactive learning with our administrative leadership team ranging from systems training to office tours. Our professional staff members always jump in post-training to assist our newest team members once they reach their desks.