"I’ve earned a reputation as a fierce and loyal advocate for my clients, and I am driven to achieve the very best result in any situation."
Stacie concentrates her legal practice on business and real estate disputes. She is pragmatic and works with her clients to assess the strengths and weaknesses of their position to determine the best method to achieve their goals, whether it be avoiding, navigating or resolving disputes. Stacie has successfully resolved an assortment of complex actions through negotiation, mediation and litigation.
Individuals and businesses of all sizes rely on Stacie’s guidance and strategic insight to advance their objectives in both small and “bet-the-company” disputes. She regularly counsels clients on contract negotiation and defaults, business torts, employment matters, real property disputes and condemnation litigation, and landlord tenant matters.
Selected for inclusion as a “Super Lawyer,” Business Litigation, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2019
Named to “Legal Elite” (Civil Litigation), Virginia Business, 2018
Selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star,” Business Litigation, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012
Served as primary litigation counsel in a series of high-stakes ($100M+) multi-state matters arising from several business and partnership lawsuits, including supervising the work of local counsel in four states, taking the lead role in negotiating the terms of settlement, and subsequently spearheading closing a credit facility to fund settlement.
Prosecuted and obtained a positive resolution in numerous breach of contract actions, including a complete settlement in a matter concerning several defaulted notes with outstanding balances in excess of $800,000, a global resolution in a complex construction litigation case with approximately $500,000 in dispute, and a real property and business sale dispute with damages claimed in excess of $500,000.
Effectively litigated numerous real property matters, including purchase agreement disputes, condemnation litigation, partitions suits, easement disputes and relocations, and landlord-tenant matters with damages ranging from several thousand dollars to in excess of $1M and real estate valued between $85,000 and $1.5M.
Initiated and subsequently negotiated a resolution of several administrative claims against state agencies on behalf of different contractors which surpassed client’s expectations and preserved client’s relationship with state agency.
Counseled clients in partnership, membership, and shareholder disputes with business assets valued between $50,000 and $100M+.
Advised businesses and employees concerning non-compete agreements and other employment matters.
Appellate experience in the Virginia Supreme Court, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the D.C. Court of Appeals.
- Published case: Specialty Hospitals of Washington, LLC v. Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, , 283 Va. 348, 722 S.E.2d 557 (2012)
- Fredericksburg, VA, 11.03.2018
- Instructor, "Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force," NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Training CourseIzaak Walton League, Alexandria Chapter, Annually, spring 2014 - present
- Speaker, "The Five Most Common Problems Small Businesses Encounter," FredXChangeFredericksburg, VA, 2016
- Fredericksburg, VA, 04.23.2015
- Law Clerk, Judge Michael F. Urbanski, United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia (2006-2007)
- Pro Se Law Clerk, Judge Jackson L. Kiser and Ret. Judge Samuel Wilson, United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia (2004-2006)
University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., cum laude
College of William & Mary, B.S., Biology and Chemistry
- Virginia United States District Court
- Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Virginia Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Achievement41 Hirschler Attorneys Named Among Virginia's Legal Elite
- SponsorshipHirschler To Participate in UMW/Fredericksburg Bar Jazz4Justice
- PresentationInstructor, "Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force," NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Training Course