Hirschler’s multispecialty litigation practice focuses on five core areas: complex commercial disputes, construction litigation, employment disputes, healthcare litigation and real estate litigation. Widely recognized in federal and state courts, at the trial and appellate levels and before federal and state administrative agencies, the firm’s 25 full-time trial lawyers assist businesses and individuals in achieving optimal results – whether the matter is a large, “bet-the-company” case or a more routine commercial dispute.
When clients retain Hirschler, they are confident the team is ready, willing and prepared to take their case to verdict. Unlike many firms, our attorneys are in court every week and can offer deep, battle-tested trial experience. Though we handle a significant number of cases across Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia and the Mid-Atlantic, we have experience and are prepared to handle your case anywhere in the country.
Exploring the Options
Not every dispute warrants litigation. Frequently, the primary goal of business clients is quick resolution at a reasonable cost. Hirschler attorneys are equally comfortable in using all forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) including arbitration, mediation, judicial settlement and private adjudication. Part of our routine consultation process is educating clients on their options outside of the courtroom.
Resolving disputes of any form can be costly. Among Virginia’s largest law firms, Hirschler embraces value billing and alternative fee arrangements. Any client may request a budget to set expectations at the outset of the case. The budget will be revisited periodically and mid-course adjustments made in budget, staffing or strategy as needed to achieve the client’s goals.
11 team members named to Best Lawyers in America, Litigation, multiple litigation specialties, 2019
Top ranked practice, Band 4, General Commercial Litigation, Virginia, 2018
3 team members ranked by Chambers USA, General Commercial Litigation, Virginia, 2018
10 team members named among “Virginia Super Lawyers,” multiple litigation specialties, 2018
Team members named among Virginia’s “Legal Elite,” Virginia Business Magazine, 2017
When Hirschler partner Courtney Paulk walks through one of Liphart Steel's facilities, you see her high-fiving her clients – who are also her friends. People – and relationships – are what matter most to Courtney. Her clients know her. She knows them. And they trust her.
After a failed attempt to obtain relief from an exorbitant tax bill, Army Navy Country Club's tax consultant recommended contacting John Walk, co-chair of Hirschler’s litigation and alternative resolution practice. John knows a thing or two about what’s fair and what’s not – especially regarding taxes on real estate.
- Richmond, VA, 09.24.2018
- Richmond, VA, 08.31.2015
- Fredericksburg, VA, 04.23.2015
- The Virginia Lawyer, 12.2018
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Rules That Insureds Are Entitled to Reimbursement of Settlement Amounts Paid Despite Insurer’s Refusal To Settle08.05.2015
- Weinberg Land Use Forum News Alert: Important Year-End Deadline for Property Owners in the City of Richmond12.16.2014
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Holds that Incapacitation of a Facility Amounts to “Direct Physical Loss of or Damage to” the Property12.02.2014
- Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing Enables Judgment Creditor To Pursue Claim for Interest06.26.2014
- Broad Reservation of Rights Letters Containing Non-Waiver Clauses May Be Adequate To Deny Coverage For Any Reason05.29.2014
- What Does It Take To Show Bad Faith? Insurer’s Invocation of Policy Exclusions To Deny Coverage Not Clear and Convincing Evidence of Bad Faith10.16.2013
- Virginia Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Caroline County Board of Supervisors, Clarifies Application of “Aggrieved Party” Standard06.12.2013
- Ambika Biggs
- Stacie Bordick
- Alexander Boyd
- Kelly Bundy
- Elizabeth Burneson
- Franklin Cragle, III
- Thomas Dillon, III
- Mihir Elchuri
- Mahlon Funk, Jr.
- Barry Hackney
- Jacqueline Hedblom
- John Ivins, Jr.
- Victoria Joyner
- R. Webb Moore
- John O'Malley
- Courtney Paulk
- Roxanne Rosado
- Emily Scott
- Andrew Sherrod
- Nathaniel Story
- Wayne Travell
- Robert Vieth
- John Walk
- William Walsh, Jr.
- Jaime Wisegarver
- Charles Witthoefft