Hirschler has a strong team of experienced business attorneys who focus on providing practical, knowledgeable and cost-effective advice to our entrepreneurial business clients. As our firm has grown, we have maintained our focus on working with private businesses and we constantly seek to improve how we provide legal services to them. Members of our corporate and business services practice group understand that our clients place a premium on actionable advice tailored to their business, so that is what we provide.
Our business attorneys advise businesses across many industries and in various stages of growth. Our clients include technology, service, manufacturing, medical device, financial services, advertising, health care, retailing and other industry players. They range from venture capital funded start-up companies seeking rapid growth, to well-established businesses, family businesses, banks and other lenders.
Getting Our Best Every Time
Every business encounters situations in which it needs to plan for or react to developments involving legal issues. Sometimes these situations involve big, “bet-the-company” matters like a purchase or sale of a business line or significant new commercial relationship to take a product to market. Other times, the matters are more routine in nature, such as contract negotiations or employment agreements.
Many of our clients view their Hirschler attorney as a trusted advisor, and they frequently use us as a “let me run this one by you” sounding board for new business initiatives. To facilitate this give and take, we invest in getting to know each client’s business and building a strong working relationship with the client management team. Though drawing on years of battle-tested experience, we always maintain a focus on the client’s unique business needs and the realities of their situation.
We subscribe to a collaborative approach to client service. In addition to getting to know our clients, we know each other well and we place a significant premium on the ability of all our professionals to collaborate for the benefit of our clients. Because of the firm’s deliberate service model, when faced with a client issue that is new to us, we have confidence that another Hirschler colleague will have the knowledge to assist. Our collaborative mindset means that while each client may use one of our attorneys as a principal point of contact, the client gets the full benefit of our collective experience. If a client requires expertise in specialized areas such as tax, intellectual property or creditor's rights, we work with other practice groups in our firm to provide the requisite advice.
We pride ourselves on ensuring each client has ready access to an experienced senior business attorney when they need it. We answer our own phones, and if we are unable to take a call, we have exceptionally strong support staff who can get a client’s inquiry into the right hands for a prompt response. When we bring in subject matter experts from other areas of our firm, we remain “hands on” to ensure continuity and effective delivery of services.
M&A partner Andrew Lohmann is happy to raise a glass to Hardywood Park Craft Brewery’s success. He’s passionate about their product and working with progressive and civic-minded business owners like Eric McKay and Patrick Murtaugh, Hardywood’s founders.
When Hirschler partner Courtney Paulk walks through one of Liphart Steel's facilities, you see her high-fiving her clients – who are also her friends. People – and relationships – are what matter most to Courtney. Her clients know her. She knows them. And they trust her.
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- Hirschler Team Helps Crescent Preservation & Development Co., LLC with Development Efforts for Chamberlayne Avenue07.01.2019
- Hirschler Fleischer Recognized as M&A Advisor’s Law Firm of the Year, Partner Named Finalist for Legal Advisor of the Year11.20.2014
- Hirschler Fleischer and Andrew Lohmann Named Finalists for M&A Advisor Awards - Second Year in a Row10.16.2013
- Hirschler, The Edgeworth Building, 2100 East Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23223, 07.30.2019
- Stafford, VA, 06.05.2019
- Hirschler, The Edgeworth Building, 2100 East Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23223, 05.29.2019
- Richmond, VA, 11.09.2018
- Chicago, IL, 10.08.2018
- Orlando, FL, 09.24.2018
- Fredericksburg, VA, 04.23.2015
- Fredericksburg, VA, 09.11.2014
- California Attorney General Files Final Proposed Regulations for The California Consumer Privacy Act of 201806.25.2020
- New DOL Regulations on Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Top Five Takeaways for Employers04.06.2020
- Loan Forgiveness Under the Stimulus Act: Is Now The Time To Apply for Your First SBA Loan? (And Other Loan Benefits of the CARES Act)03.27.2020
- Many Companies Will Need to Reduce Employee Payroll Costs Due to COVID-19—What’s the Difference Between a Furlough and Layoff?03.24.2020
- DOJ Recovers $3 Billion from Fraudulent Government Contractors and Vendors: DOJ Releases 2019 False Claims Act Stats02.17.2020
- Brent Ashley
- Cheryl Atchison
- Marie Carter
- James Cluverius
- J. Benjamin English
- M. Seth Ginther
- David Hannah
- Robert Henley, III
- Brian Jackson
- Aleksandra Johnson
- Erin Johnson
- Sara Johnson
- Joshua Kelly
- David Lionberger
- Sarah Mikowski
- Andrea Mousouris
- J. Kevin Muldowney
- N. Pendleton (Penn) Rogers
- Andrew Sherrod
- Steven Skaist
- C. Brandon Spalding, Jr.