The Hirschler healthcare team provides a wide variety of services to hospitals and health systems, nursing homes, individual physicians, dentists, physician/dental groups and other healthcare providers. Because we understand the business of healthcare, we can respond quickly and efficiently to each client’s legal needs. We assist our clients with issues ranging from operational/regulatory and compliance matters to disputes and litigation of various types and also regularly provide real estate services, including medical office building financing and development, fractional and full time leasing and the resolution of various types of landlord-tenant disputes.
Team members also regularly represent physicians, dentists and other healthcare professionals in licensure hearings before the Virginia Boards of Medicine and Dentistry as well as other similar licensing boards and assist physicians and other healthcare practitioners with practice formation, organization, mergers/acquisitions and dissolution, joint ventures, tax issues and succession planning. In addition, our attorneys regularly provide guidance and counsel throughout audits and internal/governmental investigations and regularly advise hospital/health system clients on a variety of medical staff issues, including those arising through the peer review and Fair Hearing process. Related to that, the team is also able to provide both Hearing Officer and healthcare mediation services. In each representation, we strive to identify efficient legal solutions and partner with our healthcare clients to achieve excellent results.
- John Ivins Participates on "Medical Staff Fair Hearing Strategies and the Roles of In-House Counsel, Outside Counsel and Hearing Officer" Panel for American Health Lawyers Association Annual MeetingBoston, MA, 06.24.19 - 06.25.19
- Orlando, FL, 02.01.2017
- Healthcare Risk Management, 02.12.2019
- John Ivins Discusses the Importance of Planning for Health Systems When Implementing EHR in Modern HealthcareModern Healthcare, 10.15.2018
- OSHA Pursues Healthcare Providers for Failing to Protect Employees from Workplace Violence, AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group E-Mail Alert09.22.2016
- Connecting with Companies: A Guide to Biomedical Consulting Agreements (2nd edition, 2014), Co-author01.01.2014