Hirschler’s government contracts team understands that while contracting with the federal government can provide lucrative opportunities for companies, it also can be challenging due to the numerous and complex regulations at play. We are here to help our clients navigate these complexities by counseling and advising them on compliance issues and representing them in actions against the government and other government contractors when needed.
Our team has extensive experience representing clients in bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), where we either contest the award of contracts to a client’s competitors; defend clients who have had protests lodged against them; or lodge pre-award protests challenging the terms of the solicitation. We advise clients on U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations and compliance issues pertaining to socioeconomic small business programs, such as the 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB) and Historically Under-utilized Business (HUB) Zones programs, as well as represent clients in size and status protests.
We also counsel clients who work with other government contractors by advising on teaming arrangements, subcontracting, mentor-protégé, and joint venture issues. Unfortunately, sometimes relationships with business partners break down, and when they do we provide sound advice to our clients who find themselves in disputes with teaming partners, and when appropriate or necessary we represent them in litigation and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. We pride ourselves on finding solutions that prioritize our client’s business needs and objectives.
In addition, our team represents clients in disputes with the government. Hirschler’s team prepares requests for equitable adjustments and certified claims for additional money or time necessary to perform government projects. We also have experience representing businesses facing suspension or debarment from government contracting, and advising clients on complying with mandatory disclosure requirements and in False Claims Act investigations. In addition, we counsel clients on government contracting issues that arise in merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions involving the purchase and sale of government contracting businesses.
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- Stafford, VA, 06.05.2019
- Loan Forgiveness Under the Stimulus Act: Is Now The Time To Apply for Your First SBA Loan? (And Other Loan Benefits of the CARES Act)03.27.2020
- DOJ Recovers $3 Billion from Fraudulent Government Contractors and Vendors: DOJ Releases 2019 False Claims Act Stats02.17.2020
- Ambika Biggs Provides a Look Back at the SBA’s All Small Mentor-Protégé Program in Article for Law36008.16.2019
- Andrew Lohmann and Andrea Mousouris Unpack Common “Deal Killers” to Avoid when Closing on an M&A Deal07.16.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 02.14.2019