"My top priority is to listen carefully to clients' objectives and early on set a path for success."
Bill serves in a strategic development role at Hirschler Fleischer where he leverages his extensive professional network to connect people to opportunity.
Bill has more than 40 years of federal and state government contract experience and extensive knowledge and skills in this complex area. His practice has focused on representation of federal and state sector companies who contract with DOD and civilian agencies. As part of that practice, he assisted clients with issues including dispute resolution (ADR) and bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office, Federal Boards of Contract Appeals, and executive agencies on contract administration matters, contract claims, contract terminations, teaming agreements, organizational conflict of interest concerns and small business matters. Bill’s legal career began as a lawyer with the Department of Defense, working on government contract and legislative issues. He also served as Chief Counsel for NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
An active member of the business community, Bill serves on the board of directors of the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce and previously served as its general counsel. He is a former chair of the Government Affairs Committee of the Northern Virginia Technology Council and past activities also include serving as chair of the Small Business and Federal Regulations Committees of the American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section, membership on the Professionalism Committee of the Virginia State Bar, and membership on the Advisory Board of the National Center for Technology and the Law.
Presently Bill serves as vice chair of the Ethics, Compliance and Professional Responsibility Committee of the American Bar Association’s Public Contract Law Section, and serves on the Board of Visitors for Marymount University's School of Business and Technology and the Dean's Advisory Council of George Mason University’s School of Business.
Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Governance Law, 2015-2024
AV Peer-Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Client Choice Award, Public Law, Nationwide, International Law Office (ILR), 2014
Client Choice Award, Public Law, Virginia, International Law Office (ILR), 2013, 2014
Chief Counsel, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Alabama
Assistant General Counsel, U.S. Department of Navy
- Hirschler Grows Best Lawyers in America Recognitions to 46 Attorneys, Two Honored as “Lawyers of the Year” and Nine as “Ones to Watch”08.17.2023
- 36 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Best Lawyers in America, Three Honored As "Lawyers of the Year" and Eight As "Ones to Watch"08.18.2022
- 37 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®, Six Honored as "Lawyers of the Year" and Eight as "Ones to Watch"08.19.2021
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- SBA Releases Guidance on 8(a) Program In Light of Federal Court Decision Eliminating Presumption of Social Disadvantage Based on Race08.22.2023
- SBA Issues New Rules to Enable Small Businesses to Use Additional Types of Past Performance When Bidding on Prime Contracts08.16.2022
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Having grown up in New England, Bill has been a lifelong Boston Red Sox fan and seeks to get to Fenway at the same time his Boston College Eagles are engaged in an ACC activity.
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D.
Boston College, B.S.
- District of Columbia
- AlertSBA Releases Guidance on 8(a) Program In Light of Federal Court Decision Eliminating Presumption of Social Disadvantage Based on Race
- Firm NewsHirschler Grows Best Lawyers in America Recognitions to 46 Attorneys, Two Honored as “Lawyers of the Year” and Nine as “Ones to Watch”
- AlertSBA Revises Rules Regarding Joint Ventures and Limitations on Subcontracting