Hirschler Fleischer's Corporate & Business Planning Practice Group advises privately-held companies through all phases of their development, from formation through sale of the company or other liquidity event. Our clients are companies in diverse industries, ranging from technology start-ups to well-established businesses with substantial revenues.
We help companies structure relationships with the people and businesses that are essential to their success, such as incentive compensation arrangements for key personnel, partnering arrangements with strategic industry participants and buy-sell agreements with minority owners. We regularly analyze the type of entity through which a client operates, to ensure it is the right one given the financial position and future prospects of the company. We assist our clients in succession planning for changes in management and eventual purchase of founder's equity or other major changes in company ownership and capitalization. We advise on use of subsidiary and affiliated entities for separate lines of business, to achieve liability, regulatory and tax goals. Drawing on the specialized expertise of a number of other practice groups within the firm, such as taxation, employment and intellectual property, we employ a multi-disciplinary approach to continuously and proactively address legal issues relevant to the company's ultimate success.
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- Hirschler Team Helps Crescent Preservation & Development Co., LLC with Development Efforts for Chamberlayne Avenue07.01.2019
- Hirschler, The Edgeworth Building, 2100 East Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23223, 05.29.2019
- Richmond, VA, 01.17.2018
- Fredericksburg, VA, 04.23.2015
- Virginia Business, 01.25.2021
- Loan Forgiveness Under the Stimulus Act: Is Now The Time To Apply for Your First SBA Loan? (And Other Loan Benefits of the CARES Act)03.27.2020
- Brent Ashley
- Alexandra Casagrande
- J. Benjamin English
- Justine Fitzgerald
- Henrik Haeckel
- Lisa Hedrick
- Aleksandra Johnson
- Joshua Kelly
- David Lionberger
- Andrew Lohmann
- John McManus
- Sarah Mikowski
- Andrea Mousouris
- Carrie O’Malley
- Charles Payne, Jr.
- N. Pendleton (Penn) Rogers
- Roderick Simmons
- C. Brandon Spalding, Jr.
- Benjamin Thompson