Hirschler’s experienced and knowledgeable team of finance professionals can help advise you in structuring and negotiating the best equity or debt financing structure for your organization and goals.
We represent lenders, borrowers, investors, real estate syndicators and growth companies in structuring, negotiating and closing a wide variety of financing and private capital formation transactions, including senior secured term loans and revolving credit facilities, mezzanine financings, convertible debt, venture financing, debt and equity private placements (including preferred equity), dividend recapitalizations and restructurings.
Capital Formation/Capital Raises
We routinely work with founders, real estate sponsors and management teams to structure capital raises of all types and sizes, beginning with the traditional “friends & family” round, through angel investors and subsequent series. Primarily due to our broad experience working with companies conducting capital raises, we often are called upon to represent institutional investors and family offices as they participate in capital raises.
We advise companies and entrepreneurs on raising equity and debt capital through Regulation D and Regulation S private placement offerings. We assist clients throughout the United States to navigate the rapidly evolving securities laws and SEC regulations. We have experience preparing private placement offerings through a variety of offering structures, including opportunity zone funds, and in every major industry sector including: investment funds, real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, construction, food and beverage and others.
We provide a broad range of expertise ranging from senior secured credit facilities to mezzanine financing to negotiation of ISDA Swap transactions. We often work in tandem with our Mergers & Acquisitions team to negotiate acquisition financing documents on behalf of borrowers.
Our lender and financial institution side practice ranges from working with community banks to large national players in all aspects of commercial and corporate financing transactions, including negotiating, structuring, documenting all manner of credit facilities and loan transactions.
Represented a developer in the raising of private capital to fund the construction of a mixed use development.
Represented a sponsor in the raising of private capital to fund the acquisition and operation of a multi-family apartment complex.
Represented founders in the raising of private capital to operate a brewery.
Represented an investment bank in connection with:
- $450 million senior secured credit facility to a private equity group financing the acquisition of a leading specialized servicer of the worker’s compensation industry
- $175 million senior secured credit facility to a private equity group to finance the acquisition of a large retailer of fine watches and other apparel
- $335 million senior secured credit facility to a private equity group to finance the acquisition of a national chain of physical therapy rehabilitation centers
- $290 million asset-based revolving credit facility to a public company specializing in e-book commerce in order to refinance existing indebtedness
Representation of private equity groups in acquisition financing and recapitalization transactions, including:
- $140 million in financing, consisting of $70 million in senior secured financing and $60 million in mezzanine financing to support an acquisition in the media communications space
- $65 million in senior secured financing to support a dividend recapitalization of a specialized manufacturer of glass
- $80 million senior secured financing to acquire an industrial roller manufacturer with international operations
- $75 million senior secured credit facility, with credit lines in U.S. Dollars and Pounds Sterling to support an international manufacturer
Representation of lenders and borrowers in financial restructuring and pre-bankruptcy planning and negotiation. Successfully assisted the financial restructuring of a wide range of commercial businesses and real estate development companies.
Representation of lenders in myriad workout situations and collecting their credit and realizing upon their collateral.
Representation of financial institutions and investors in the purchase and sale of loan portfolios and servicing portfolios.
How do you create lifelong clients? By consistently doing what you say you are going to do, anticipating issues and needs, and delivering services at a value. Hirschler lawyers stay attuned to what client TowneBank is thinking and staff transactions in the most cost-effective way.
- 37 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®, Six Honored as "Lawyers of the Year" and Eight as "Ones to Watch"08.19.2021
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- Denver, CO, 03.06.2018