Kevin serves as a strategic advisor to his clients across a broad range of legal, business and financial matters. His practice includes most aspects of business law and also includes advising individuals and families with respect to wealth preservation and estate planning matters.
Prior to practicing law, Kevin worked in the legally intensive fields of commercial banking, investment management and accounting, which provides him the ability to take an interdisciplinary approach to solving legal problems and gives him invaluable client-side insight to the delivery of legal services. His background and business perspective promotes confidence in clients and allows him to serve their needs effectively and efficiently. In addition to his law degree, Kevin holds a Masters of Taxation in Accounting and was a certified public accountant prior to practicing law.
Kevin represents sellers, purchasers and private equity funds and other investors in corporate finance transactions. His corporate experience includes providing ongoing legal and strategic advice to small and middle market businesses, forming and organizing new businesses and assisting with business transactions such as business purchases, stock purchases, and employment-related agreements.
Kevin's clients include financial institutions on commercial loan transactions and regulatory matters and investment bankers and other valuation professionals with respect to negotiation of financial advisory engagements and fairness opinion practices.
As part of his practice, Kevin:
- Provides ongoing advice to small and middle market businesses and business owners on governance matters, risk management and other legal needs as they arise.
- Represents private equity funds with respect to subordinated mezzanine debt and equity investments.
- Provides day-to-day representation of middle market investment banking firms with respect to financial advisory engagements.
- Provides ongoing representation of banks and borrowers in commercial loan transactions.
- Represents mortgage lenders and originators on state law compliance matters and administrative processes.
- Acts as issuer’s counsel for offerings of publicly traded mortgage real estate investment trusts.
Named to “Legal Elite” (Business Law), Virginia Business, 2009-2011, 2013-2014; 2016, 2017-2018
Selected for inclusion as a “Super Lawyer,” Business/Corporate, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012-2016
AV rated, Martindale-Hubbell
George Mason University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Law Review
- Moot Court Board
Virginia Commonwealth University, M.S. Taxation; Dean’s Scholar
Virginia Tech, B.S., Accounting
Certified Public Accountant