When it comes to employment law, it pays to prevent claims rather than defend them. Our employment law team helps clients to do just that by monitoring developments and trends in the law governing workplaces throughout the country. We help our clients minimize the legal risks associated with employment actions and decisions by establishing legally compliant hiring and compensation systems, developing appropriate workplace policies and procedures, auditing wage and hour practices, and drafting employment, non-competition, arbitration, and separation agreements. We offer both formal training and day-to-day advice on human resources issues, such as hiring, discipline, termination, harassment, leave requests, disability and religious accommodations, workplace safety, and navigating the Affordable Care Act. We serve as counsel to regional and multi-state employers of all sizes on compliance with various federal and state employment laws and regulations, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, ACA, OSHA, ERISA, and COBRA. We further provide advice and due diligence in connection with employment issues arising out business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, including determining compliance with wage and hour matters, employee classification, IRC 409A and other deferred compensation issues, and enforceability of restrictive covenants. We also advise C-Suite level executives and other professionals in departure scenarios on their duties and obligations to their current and former employers. In addition, we guide and assist in conducting investigations, responding to employee complaints, and dealing with government agencies such as the EEOC, DOL, and VEC.
- Providing day-to-day employment counseling and claims resolution assistance to national mortgage company with bi-coastal workforce.
- Coordinating investigation and response to highly sensitive allegations against employee of regional business.
- Providing sexual harassment prevention training to architecture firm.
- Representing non-profit organization in defense of multiple EEOC charges by current and former employees.
- Conducting wage and hour audit regarding worker classifications for cable company.
- Drafting executive employment agreements and associated restrictive covenants for insurance brokerage firm operating in multiple states.
- Negotiating and drafting executive compensation and employment agreements for government and nonprofit executives.
- Drafting and negotiating executive employment agreements and key employee employment and restrictive covenant agreements for portfolio companies of private equity funds.
- Counseling lawyers and practice groups moving from one private law firm to another or organizing a new firm.
- Advising financial services firm on Broker Protocol and restrictive covenant issues in response to departure of investment advisors.
- Providing advice and counsel to the CEO and preparing termination and severance agreements for employees not retained in a corporate merger.
- Advising departing CEO in separation negotiations with marketing industry company.
- Achievement41 Hirschler Attorneys Named Among Virginia's Legal Elite
- PresentationAndy Sherrod To Participate in Richmond Bar Employment 101 Panel
- PresentationEmployment Law Topics That Your Corporate Clients Wish You Could Discuss Intelligently, Richmond Bar Association