"As a former business owner, I understand the importance of a healthy balance sheet. As a legal advisor, I help clients resolve the conflicts that can put a strong financial position at risk."
Britt’s practice focuses on representing debtors, creditors, and Chapter 7 Trustees in all aspects of the bankruptcy process, and advising clients regarding financial restructuring. Her practice also includes corporate litigation, contracts, licensing agreements, and creditors' rights.
While earning her law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law, Britt served as a volunteer at the Carrico Center for Pro Bono Service where she argued a case before writ panel of the Virginia Supreme Court. Britt gained additional experience with the judicial system as a judicial intern for the Magistrate Judge at the United States District Court for the Eastern District, commonly known as the Rocket Docket.
Represented Chapter 7 Trustee to recover estate funds from the Debtor's ex-wife. Terry v. Paschall (In re Paschall), 403 B.R. 366 (Bankr. E.D. Va. 2009)
Achieved six-figure settlement in contract dispute mediation
Routinely involved in bench and jury trials
- Amelia Island, FL, 07.23.20 - 07.26.20
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Outside the office, Britt enjoys spending time with her husband and young son, attending the myriad events and festivals Richmond has to offer. They especially enjoy Friday Cheers and all the live music events. For the past 10 years, Britt has been a soccer and basketball coach for Special Olympics Virginia, and many weekends she is cheering on her teams at area tournaments. When she has the time, you'll often find Britt in the kitchen creating sweet treats to please her insatiable sweet tooth. Though she shut down her wedding cake business last year, she continues to create in the kitchen!
- Judicial Student Intern, The Honorable M. Hannah Lauck, Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, University of Richmond Law Review
- Nina R. Kestin Service Award
College of Charleston, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit