"My goal is to understand each client’s unique needs and develop practical, real world solutions. Understanding those needs may involve learning all of the complex, component parts of the client’s product, industry or operation. This is how I ensure I’m providing the highest quality service and advice."
Kelly’s practice focuses on construction law, commercial and product liability law, with an emphasis on dispute resolution—including mediation, arbitration, jury and bench trials in state and federal court. She routinely represents
- Manufacturers of industrial and consumer products in the defense of product liability claims.
- Owners, tenants, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals in the negotiation and drafting of construction contracts.
- Construction professionals with respect to OSHA compliance, investigation and citations—from compliance with applicable standards and preparation and review of safety manuals, to inspection preparedness and citation defense.
- Construction professionals with respect to disputes with licensing and other applicable authorities.
- Construction professionals with respect to claims and disputes arising from delay and inefficiency, defective work, payment disputes, performance and payment bonds, mechanic’s liens, design and construction and other project related matters.
- Business owners with respect to business disputes and business tort claims.
In 2017, Kelly was named an ABA Construction Law Forum Diversity Fellow for which she will serve a three year term. She is an active member of Hirschler’s Associates Committee, vice chair of the Women’s Initiatives Network (WIN at HF), and an editor for the Construction Law Blog.
American Bar Association Construction Law Forum, Diversity Fellow
Named to “Legal Elite” (Construction), Virginia Business, 2015-2018
Named a “Rising Star,” Construction, Virginia Super Lawyers, 2018-2019
- Successfully defended contractor against civil investigative demand issued by the Attorney General under the Virginia Fraud Against Taxpayers Act.
- Represented a Design-Builder against a mechanical subcontractor in a dispute arising from four federal government projects in which the mechanical contractor was seeking damages for delays, disruption and inefficiency. After arbitration, the arbitrator denied all relief sought by the mechanical contractor.
- Successfully defended a publicly-traded manufacturer in multi-defendant litigation involving carbon monoxide poisoning of five plaintiffs with claims totaling $100,000,000.00. The issues involved include building code compliance, HVAC design, valve design and manufacturing.
- Represented an equipment rental company in federal court in a dispute arising from a Mutual Nondisclosure Agreement relating to the potential acquisition of another company’s rental business and prevailed on summary judgment.
- Successfully defended real estate developer in multi-million dollar litigation arising from the sale of a commercial property in Virginia.
- Richmond, VA, 06.14.2019
- Courtney Paulk and Kelly Bundy Discuss “Unpreventable Employee Misconduct” Defense in Article for Construction Executive03.19.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 06.12.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 04.22.2019
- Courtney Paulk and Kelly Bundy Discuss “Unpreventable Employee Misconduct” Defense in Article for Construction ExecutiveConstruction Law Blog, 04.16.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 04.08.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 02.21.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 02.14.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 01.23.2019
- Courtney Paulk to Participate in University of Richmond - Robins School of Business's C-Suite ConversationsConstruction Law Blog, 01.18.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 01.09.2019
- Construction Law Blog, 12.27.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 12.21.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 10.23.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 09.19.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 06.13.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 05.29.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 05.09.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 04.19.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 03.19.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 03.01.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 02.13.2018
- Construction Law Blog, 11.21.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 10.16.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 09.12.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 07.18.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 06.27.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 05.23.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 05.01.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 04.10.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 03.22.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 03.09.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 02.20.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 02.08.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 01.23.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 01.17.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 01.04.2017
- Construction Law Blog, 12.06.2016
- Construction Law Blog, 11.30.2016
- Construction Law Blog, 11.11.2016
- Construction Law Blog, 11.03.2016
- Construction Law Blog, 10.28.2016
- Construction Law Blog, 10.23.2016
- Construction Law Blog, 10.20.2016
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Having lived abroad in Nice and Paris, France, Kelly is an avid and passionate traveler, travel reader and writer. Most recently, Kelly spent two weeks in Spain traveling to Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Cadiz and Cordoba. Past trips include Venice, Rome, Cinque Terre, Prague, Berlin, Dublin, London, Santorini, Athens, Antibes, and others. The list of places she would like to visit is nearly never-ending and she always loves to talk travel. One of her favorite books is All Over the Place by Geraldine DeRuiter.
In her spare time Kelly enjoys cooking, volunteering with Maymont and the Innsbrook Foundation, and spending time outdoors with her Llewellin Setter, Tanguy.
Construction Law Blog
Construction Law Blog
Kelly and her fellow construction-focused colleagues author Hirschler's Construction Law Blog - a resource for design professionals, contractors, and lower-tier contractors and suppliers. Blog readers can expect concise, easy-to-follow posts on pertinent and timely issues covering the construction process spectrum from concept to close-out. Never miss a post by subscribing here to receive updates.
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- Member, University of Richmond Law Review
- Trial Advocacy Board
- Moot Court Board
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award
Washington and Lee University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia