Several bills are pending in the 2017 Virginia General Assembly that could impact construction in the Commonwealth. Bills on tap include continuing the work of the last two sessions to modify the Virginia Public Procurement Act, including increasing the ceiling for cooperative procurements, authorizing the cooperative procurement of energy performance contracts, modifying construction management uses, and allowing the use of best value contract awards. Once again, the General Assembly will consider prevailing wage prohibitions, workers compensation reform initiatives, and changes to licensing regulations.
Click here for more details on these and other pending bills that could impact the construction industry.
As president of Hirschler and head of the firm's litigation section, Courtney knows how to lead people and projects to a successful outcome.
Leveraging deep experience in the construction industry, Courtney advises public and ...
Kelly’s practice focuses on construction law, commercial and product liability law, with an emphasis on dispute resolution—including mediation, arbitration, jury and bench trials in state and federal court. She routinely ...
Nate fully engages in each case and shoulders his clients’ needs. Communication, efficiency and careful judgment define his practice. In every case, he investigates competing claims to thoroughly understand their strengths ...
A professional engineer (P.E.) and an experienced lawyer, Webb began practicing at Hirschler Fleischer following four years of work as a consulting engineer. His multidisciplinary practice focuses on general business and ...
SubscribeSubscribe to Hirschler by Email
- Virginia Department of General Services Releases Survey on Statute of Limitations Issue
- Alternatives to Pay-if-Paid Provisions
- Changes to Mechanic’s Lien Law Effective July 1!
- Virginia General Assembly: Construction Bills To Watch- Part 2
- Courtney Paulk and Kelly Bundy Discuss “Unpreventable Employee Misconduct” Defense in Article for Construction Executive
- Five Licensure Issues All Virginia Contractors Should Consider
- New Trump Executive Order Encourages Buy American Preferences in Infrastructure Projects
- Five Issues all Subcontractors and Suppliers on Federal Projects Should Consider
- Litigation. Arbitration. Mediation. What is the Difference and Who Should Care?
- Courtney Paulk to Participate in University of Richmond - Robins School of Business's C-Suite Conversations
- Mechanic's Liens
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
- Dispute Resolution
- Government Contracts
- Miller Act
- Workforce Development
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC)
- Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission
- Uniform Statewide Building Code
- Change Orders
- Little Miller Act
- August 2019
- June 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016