Many design and construction contracts and subcontracts contain a â€œwaiver of subrogationâ€ provision in the contract’s â€œInsurance Requirementsâ€ section. But what exactly is â€œsubrogationâ€ and what does it mean to â€œwaiveâ€ subrogation rights?
The Virginia General Assembly and Governor Terry McAuliffe have proposed a change to the state historic rehabilitation tax credit program that could affect real estate development statewide. The bill was introduced after a Senate panel killed Senator Glen Sturtevant’s proposed bills to cap and phase out state historic tax and other credits.
HB 2460 would take effect for taxable years beginning on and after January 1, 2017, but before January 1, 2019. The proposed changes provide that the amount of annual state historic tax credit each taxpayer uses may not exceed $5 million. The ...
SubscribeSubscribe to Hirschler by Email
- Virginia General Assembly: Construction Bills To Watch- Part 2
- Courtney Paulk and Kelly Bundy Discuss “Unpreventable Employee Misconduct” Defense in Article for Construction Executive
- Five Licensure Issues All Virginia Contractors Should Consider
- New Trump Executive Order Encourages Buy American Preferences in Infrastructure Projects
- Five Issues all Subcontractors and Suppliers on Federal Projects Should Consider
- Litigation. Arbitration. Mediation. What is the Difference and Who Should Care?
- Courtney Paulk to Participate in University of Richmond - Robins School of Business's C-Suite Conversations
- Virginia General Assembly Opens Session Today: Construction Bills To Watch
- Construction Year in Review: 2018 Trends and What To Expect in the Year Ahead
- Steps To Maintaining A Contractor’s License In Virginia
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
- Government Contracts
- Dispute Resolution
- Mechanic's Liens
- Miller Act
- Workforce Development
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC)
- Uniform Statewide Building Code
- Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission
- Change Orders
- Little Miller Act