"Every matter is unique. I take the time to listen to my clients and their desired outcomes. We then work together – as a team – to accomplish that goal, be it aggressive litigation, business resolution, or somewhere in the middle."
Frank focuses his practice on business torts, corporate governance litigation and shareholder disputes. His clients are typically mid-sized companies operating in the Mid-Atlantic. Striving for a results-oriented strategy, he works flexibly to resolve matters in the boardroom or courtroom.
Frank’s practice is robust and fast-paced, forged for more than a decade in the Eastern District of Virginia’s “Rocket Docket” where he routinely appears. He understands that clients’ needs are immediate and important, and delays can be costly. He’s not afraid to roll up his sleeves to get the job done.
Frank’s recent experience includes:
- Representing companies and individuals relating to business torts, contract claims, and injunction matters.
- Counseling clients and litigating cases involving partnerships, membership and shareholder disputes.
- Representing companies and employees in connection with non-compete agreements and other employment matters.
- Prosecuting and defending businesses and individuals in complex commercial litigation matters.
- Representing debtors, creditors, creditor committees and trustees in bankruptcy matters, including workouts, creditors’ rights and adversary proceedings across the nation.
Frank serves as chair of the Virginia Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division and is a member of the VBA Committee on Federal Judgeships – Western District of Virginia.
Best Lawyers in America® 2024 for Commercial Litigation
Selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star,” Business Litigation, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2022
Named to “Legal Elite,” Young Lawyer (Under 40), Virginia Business, 2018, 2020
Frank’s recent representative matters include:
Outside general litigation counsel to a large reverse-mortgage company with regard to its national portfolio. See, e.g.:
- Live Well Financial, Inc. v. Ditech Mortgage Corp., No. 3:15-cv-00373-MHL (E.D. Va. 2015)
- Live Well Financial, Inc. v. Home Point Financial Corp., No. 3:15-cv-00560-JAG (E.D. Va. 2015)
- Boster v. Live Well Financial, Inc., No. 2:17-cv-03857-JTC (S.D.W. Va. 2017)
- Live Well Financial, Inc. v. Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, No. 3:18-cv-00141-JAG (E.D. Va. 2018)
- Live Well Financial, Inc. v. American Advisors Group, Inc., No. 3:18-cv-00146-MHL (E.D. Va. 2018)
Defense of Matrix Cable, LLC in a bet-the-company litigation beginning with defense of a Temporary Restraining Order/Preliminary Injunction
- C.U. Employment, Inc., et al. v. Matrix Cable, LLC, et al., No. 3:17-cv-00482-REP (E.D. Va. 2017)
Representation of Saadia Group, LLC in the highly-contested acquisition of $177M of assets from the Toys “R” US bankruptcy estate
- In re: Toys “R” Us, Inc., No. 17-34665-KLP (Bankr. E.D. Va. 2018)
Argued to the Supreme Court on the issue of: “if you get engaged, but don’t get married, who keeps the ring”?
- McGrath v. Dockendorf, 292 Va. 834 (2016)
- Hirschler Grows Best Lawyers in America Recognitions to 46 Attorneys, Two Honored as “Lawyers of the Year” and Nine as “Ones to Watch”08.17.2023
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
In his spare time, Frank enjoy spending time with his wife and twins, working on his historic home or playing with his Saint Bernard. An automotive aficionado, Frank is also a fan of good bourbon.
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
York College of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude
- Eastern District of Virginia
- Western District of Virginia
- Bankruptcy Eastern District of Virginia
- Bankruptcy Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit
- Firm NewsHirschler Grows Best Lawyers in America Recognitions to 46 Attorneys, Two Honored as “Lawyers of the Year” and Nine as “Ones to Watch”
- Firm News25 Hirschler Lawyers Recognized by 2022 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Special EventFrank Cragle Attends Governor’s Reception Celebrating 50th Anniversary of the Virginia Constitution