Andy Clark was named among the 2023 Go To Lawyers for Business Litigation by Virginia Lawyers Weekly, which was published March 20, 2023. He will be profiled in a special publication published on April 17.
In considering Clark for this recognition, the publication reviewed the deep and broad experience he has accumulated in more than 22 years of business litigation as he has successfully advocated for his clients in incredibly high-stakes matters, including trying matters across various state and federal courts in Virginia and before the Supreme Court of Virginia. Some noteworthy successes considered by the judges, to name a few, included Clark’s work to secure a verdict awarding his client $20,000,000 in one of the longest civil jury trials in the history of the Commonwealth, protecting a group of minority shareholders’ rights in a matter that successfully resulted in the dissolution of a closely held corporation valued at over $100 million, and a victory before the Virginia Supreme Court that established new precedent and clarified a key provision of the LLC Act.
The “Go To Lawyers” program is in its fourth year and recognizes top lawyers in particular practice areas. Virginia Lawyers Weekly defines its go To Lawyers as:
- A lawyer who is an expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- A lawyer who is experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of the commonwealth.
Virginia Lawyers Weekly previously recognized Hirschler partners Andy Sherrod (2021) and Jaime Wisegarver (2022) in its Go To Lawyers for Employment Law.
For the full list of this year’s Go To Lawyers for Business Litigation, please click here.
Myrna H. Rooks