"He is thoughtful and has a keen sense of where the business deals are. His strengths include being creative in coming up with resolutions and litigating issues that can't be resolved. He is diligent and analytical but also practical in developing Chapter 11 plans." Chambers USA 2020
David is a seasoned veteran with over 25 years of experience in bankruptcy, and has earned an expert reputation across the board. His practice is multifaceted and focused on providing valuable and prudent advice to clients navigating various complex financial and restructuring issues. His expertise includes substantive knowledge on both litigation and transactional matters, providing critical path strategies, and achieving successful results.
Prior to joining Hirschler, David was a partner with McGuireWoods. In addition to the representative debtor, trustee, and committee engagements listed under Experience, David has served as creditors rights counsel to Sprint in a number of highly publicized cases in and outside bankruptcy court.
Selected for inclusion in America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Virginia, Chambers USA, 2015-2020
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2013-2020
Named among the "Legal Elite," Virginia Business, 2010-2012
Named among the “Pennsylvania Rising Stars,” Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2005
- Representation of Global Computer Enterprises, Inc. as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of US Airways as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of Weirton Steel as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of Special Metals Corporation as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of Pittsburgh Hockey Associates d/b/a Pittsburgh Penguins as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of Ennstone, Inc. Corporation as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of A. Wimpfheimer & Bro., Inc. as Chapter 11 Debtor.
- Representation of Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation as Counsel to the Chapter 11 Trustee.
- Representation of Velti, Inc as counsel to the Unsecured Creditors' Committee and Counsel to the post-confirmation Litigation Trustee.
- Representation of National Heritage Foundation as Counsel to the Unsecured Creditors' Committee.
- Representation of Rowe Furniture as Counsel to the Unsecured Creditors' Committee.
- Representation of Ormet as Counsel to the Unsecured Creditors' Committee.
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
David is a native of Southwestern Pennsylvania, and still a big fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins while adopting the Washington Nationals as his favorite baseball team. He enjoys playing racquetball, hacking golf balls, hiking, cooking, home renovation projects, and teaching his 2 teenage daughters how to drive.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD
West Virginia Wesleyan College, BSBA
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania