Rob represents national and local developers, investors and lenders seeking to acquire, sell, lease, develop and finance all types of property for all types of uses, guiding clients throughout the development cycle in transactional and land use matters.
In addition to retail, industrial, office and residential development projects, Rob has extensive experience representing developers, sponsors, utilities and lenders in the real estate aspects of developing utility-scale renewable and conventional power facilities across the United States.
Before reentering private practice with his previous firm, McGuireWoods, Rob was associate general counsel of a multi-state Federal Reserve member bank, where he handled the origination and workout of a wide range of loan structures and assisted the bank’s leadership in negotiating the unique regulatory challenges facing community banks in the post-TARP era.
Rob currently serves as outside general counsel for the World Green Building Council, an international NGO that works with national green building councils and global climate action groups to increase the sustainability and health of the global built environment.
Best Lawyers in America® 2024 for Land Use and Zoning Law and Real Estate Law
- Hirschler Grows Best Lawyers in America Recognitions to 46 Attorneys, Two Honored as “Lawyers of the Year” and Nine as “Ones to Watch”08.17.2023
- Regional Roundup: Virtual Technology, Process Modifications Keep Rappahannock Area Projects Moving Forward in a Time of Uncertainty04.22.2020
- Virtual Technology and Process Modifications Keep Economic Development Projects Moving Forward in a Time of Uncertainty04.21.2020
- We’re All in This Together: Key Considerations for Lenders, Investors and Tenants in the Wake of COVID-1903.27.2020
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Rob and his wife Lile have an eight-year-old daughter and a six-year-old son. Rob is always looking for an excuse to get out and play golf, but between work and parenting, he often finds his schedule only allows for less time-consuming activities like cooking, craft beers, Islay scotch, a monthly poker game and reading historical non-fiction and spy novels.
Together with their springer spaniel Edgar, Rob and his family enjoy spending weekends at their family cottage on the Potomac when they aren’t staying home for youth sports or in Charlottesville for UVA games. Rob and Lile also love to travel farther afield as much as they can.
Although he can’t remember much of it, Rob picked up rudimentary Arabic during holiday visits to see his parents in Saudi Arabia, where they lived while he was in high school.
Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, The W&L Law News
Hamilton College, A.B.
- Firm NewsHirschler Grows Best Lawyers in America Recognitions to 46 Attorneys, Two Honored as “Lawyers of the Year” and Nine as “Ones to Watch”
- Firm NewsHirschler Continues to Shape Richmond Skyline with Contributions to CoStar Project
- Media MentionRob Benaicha Discusses the State of Mixed-Use Development in Multifamily Executive