Hirschler real estate attorneys have extensive experience in transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, construction, development and leasing of significant complex properties and portfolios of properties. Our depth and insight comes from hands-on experience assisting and advising clients in reaching their objectives. Our approach and added value arise from creative and innovative solutions to industry challenges, understanding our client's business, as well as the issues, people and institutions that drive the industry and its transactions. We routinely assist clients in all aspects of development ranging from complex, mixed-use developments to large retail centers, office towers, and a broad range of uses including retail, multifamily, office, industrial, residential subdivisions, and hospitality. We also assist clients with economic development proposals seeking public economic incentives.
Hirschler represented Lynx Real Estate Development on various land use issues related to a $50 million to $60 million mixed-use development in the Manchester neighborhood of Richmond. Hirschler created a public private partnership, "P3", proposal for a Synthetic TIF (tax increment financing), which allows Lynx to recoup 80 percent of the real estate taxes paid on the development in exchange for providing public certain amenities, such as parking. The TIF will amount to roughly $485,000 annually over the next decade.
Hirschler is assisting Better Housing Coalition with the sale of the former hotel building at 3200 West Broad Street for redevelopment as multi-family housing, including workforce housing units. The project is located directly across from a stop along the GRTC Pulse: Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system and within Scott’s Addition, one of the fastest growing mixed-use neighborhoods in the Richmond region.
Hirschler served as outside real estate counsel to the corporate office and each of the six local systems of the Maryland-based healthcare system. Hirschler provides real estate counsel and transactional support service to the client in the areas of land use, acquisition/sales, financing, ground leasing and office leasing endeavors throughout Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina, Florida and Kentucky. Notable 2018/19 projects include:
- Rezoning of Westhampton School and working with development partners on structuring multi-layer ground leases and mixed-use condominium to permit development.
- Acquisitions for new free-standing community health centers in South Carolina.
- Office lease for redevelopment of in-line retail space for two-story, approximately 15,000 square foot medical office building for employed physician practice in a Whole Foods-anchored retail center.
Hirschler is counsel for ongoing financing and development work for three major Gumenick Properties projects in the Richmond region: Libbie Mill, Monument Square, and Grayson Hill. For the mixed-use Libbie Mill development, Hirschler handled zoning issues, easements and master covenants, and construction financing for a specialty grocery store, two mixed-use office/retail buildings, and townhouses and condominiums. Hirschler continues to assist Gumenick with construction financing for additional sections of the townhouse and condominium portions of the project, as well as a multi-story mixed-use apartment and retail building. Hirschler is also assisting Gumenick with the leasing of the former Southern Season retail space within the Libbie Mill development as corporate headquarters for Lumber Liquidators.
From site acquisition and development, to occupancy and sale, Four Points' Steve Cassell knows Justine Fitzgerald can navigate any obstacle.
Fredericksburg Office Managing Partner John McManus knows the secret to The Wack Companies’ success – vision and focus. Whether advising on land acquisitions, development, zoning or investment – or negotiating contracts, covenants, easements, leases or financing – Hirschler’s real estate team is committed to seeing the client's vision come to life.
- 26 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers®, 4 Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 3 Listed Among “Ones to Watch”08.20.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- James Theobald and Jeff Geiger Discuss Richmond’s Real Estate Market in Video for VCU Real Estate Trends Conference10.16.2019
- Hirschler Team Helps Crescent Preservation & Development Co., LLC with Development Efforts for Chamberlayne Avenue07.01.2019
- Hirschler Fleischer Chairman James W. Theobald Named a 2014 “Leader in the Law,” Virginia Lawyers Weekly09.05.2014
- Hirschler Fleischer and Gateway Plaza Project Make Front Page News in Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal10.15.2013
- Richmond, VA, 11.13.2019
- Laura Lee Garrett to Join Leaders From Timmons, Chesterfield County, Emerson Companies, Commonwealth Commercial Partners for Metro Business Live PanelRichmond Times-Dispatch, 300 E. Franklin Street, Richmond, VA, 03.26.2019
- Richmond, VA, 10.11.2018
- Denver, CO, 03.06.2018
- Richmond, VA, 10.12.2015
- Fredericksburg, VA, 04.23.2015
- Fredericksburg, VA, 09.11.2014
- Fredericksburg, VA, 09.24.2013
- We’re All in This Together: Key Considerations for Lenders, Investors and Tenants in the Wake of COVID-1903.27.2020
- Year-End Reminder to Local Landowners Seeking to Challenge Assessments of Real Property in the Greater Richmond Area12.18.2019
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 12.07.2018