"My goal is to add value to a transaction and obtain results for clients."
Brandt’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including leasing, acquisition, development, and finance. He also assists clients with conservation easements and other transactions to conserve real property and generate federal, state and local tax deductions, credits, and benefits for landowners.
Brandt regularly represents:
- Borrowers and lenders in complex loan transactions, including SBA, VHDA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD loans, construction loans and mezzanine loans.
- Investors in 1031 exchange transactions.
- Borrowers, lenders, and trustees in foreclosures and judicial sales.
- Landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations, including retail, office, and industrial leases.
- Buyers and sellers in contract negotiations, document drafting, due diligence matters, land use matters, and post-closing issues.
- PACE capital providers on all transactional elements of a PACE deal—from financing structures, to real estate due diligence, to document negotiation and compliance.
- Real estate investors and lending institutions in the acquisition, financing, servicing and sale of commercial loan portfolios.
Selected as "Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch" in Richmond for Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers in America, 2022
Selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star,” Real Estate, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2022
Named to "Legal Elite" (Young Lawyer), Virginia Business, 2019-2020
Named to “Legal Elite” (Real Estate/Land Use), Virginia Business, 2017-2018
Ongoing representation of a national wireless carrier in regional telecommunications transactions.
Advised a foreign retailer in acquiring sites for development as part of its entrance into the United States.
Advised a real estate fund in several development deals for condominium, for-rent and mixed used projects in Washington, DC.
Represented a non-profit organization in the acquisition, conservation and divesture of an 800-acre property.
Counseled an investment fund on the acquisition of several shopping centers in the Southeast.
Assisted a publicly traded corporation in the sale and leaseback of its corporate headquarters.
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- We’re All in This Together: Key Considerations for Lenders, Investors and Tenants in the Wake of COVID-1903.27.2020
- HOA Fees: A BAPCPA Death-Trap, 70 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. 1395 (2013)2013
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Outside of work, Brandt enjoys spending time with his wife and young son, and hunting and fishing on his family’s farm in Tidewater, Virginia.
Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Staff Writer and Lead Articles Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review
Virginia Polytechnic Institute, B.S., summa cum laude, Business Finance, Minor in Real Estate