"I enjoy being the quarterback of a team of real estate professionals charged with obtaining land use entitlements to realize a vision and economic opportunity."
Jeff obtains a variety of land use approvals for developers, businesses, institutions and landowners in Richmond, Henrico, Chesterfield, Hanover and other jurisdictions. He brings his political, economic and technical background to bear as he guides clients through the complex layers of governmental land use entitlements, a process that is dominated by competing and conflicting interests. Jeff uses creativity to overcome apparent regulatory obstacles to development and redevelopment that does not neatly fit in the zoning ordinance.
Jeff also understands the commercial real estate industry. He counsels clients on deal structure, contract negotiations, development and redevelopment, financing and dispositions through sales or leasing. Jeff understands the business decisions his clients have to make and the information they need to make those decisions.
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, Land Use and Zoning Law, and Real Estate Law, 2022
Named to Virginia "Legal Elite," (Real Estate/Land Use), Virginia Business, 2017-2018, 2020
Selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star,” Real Estate, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012-2016
Named to "Legal Elite,” Young Lawyer (Under 40), Virginia Business, 2012-2014, 2016
Named “Young Leader of the Year,” Urban Land Institute Richmond District, 2012
Overcame significant neighbor opposition to rezone of 120 acres in Hanover County for a mixed-use, live, work, play community with a potential expansion of the County’s real estate tax base in excess of $100 million.
Built support with neighboring community associations to achieve a rezoning of 55 acres in the City of Richmond for multi-family and single-family residential community that will rejuvenate the Jahnke Road corridor with a potential $55 million dollar expansion of the City’s real estate tax base.
In-fill rezonings for middle market homes, community revitalization projects, medical office, a private school campus and for repurposing historic buildings in Henrico, Chesterfield and Richmond.
Obtained approval for a wireless communications facility that changed nine years of precedent; obtained rezonings for other wireless communication facilities.
Expanded sports tourism capacity in Chesterfield with a rezoning of 30 acres for a sport complex; represented a not-for-profit soccer club in the development of the complex.
Representation of university foundations in land acquisitions and dispositions.
Representation of a healthcare system in land use, and development, acquisitions and dispositions, full-time leasing, and factional-share leasing matters.
Representation of a national wireless communications carrier in zoning, ground leasing and tower leasing matters.
- 37 Hirschler Lawyers Named to 2022 Best Lawyers®, Six Honored as "Lawyers of the Year" and Eight as "Ones to Watch"08.19.2021
- Virginia Business Magazine, 11.30.2020
- James Theobald and Jeff Geiger Discuss Richmond’s Real Estate Market in Video for VCU Real Estate Trends Conference10.16.2019
- Hirschler Team Helps Crescent Preservation & Development Co., LLC with Development Efforts for Chamberlayne Avenue07.01.2019
- Moderator for WLUF Panel discussion on Tax Reform: Key Takeaways for the Real Estate Industry
- Moderator for WLUF Panel discussion for Oh the Places They Will Go: Millennials' Impact on the Richmond Housing Market and Its Suburban Areas
- Moderator for WLUF Panel discussion on Retail Disrupted: How Shopping Center Owners and Tenants are Adjusting to the "New Normal"
- Baltimore, MD, 09.24.2018
- Regional Roundup: Virtual Technology, Process Modifications Keep Rappahannock Area Projects Moving Forward in a Time of Uncertainty04.22.2020
- Virtual Technology and Process Modifications Keep Economic Development Projects Moving Forward in a Time of Uncertainty04.21.2020
- We’re All in This Together: Key Considerations for Lenders, Investors and Tenants in the Wake of COVID-1903.27.2020
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 12.07.2018
- Jeff Geiger Writes About Millennials on the Move, Commercial Construction & Renovation03.2018
- Rain, Rain Go Away ... Coming Back Another Day (Soon!), WLUF Newsletter01.2010
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Jeff is a life-long Redskins fan who cannot wait for the Snyder era to end. His wife Kristy has only known the Snyder era and keeps asking when the team will be good. The team’s performance is not helping Jeff raise two new fans in Archer (7) and Brantley (3). Outside of raising two energetic boys, Jeff enjoys yoga, golf and keeping abreast of political news and trends. After college, Jeff worked on Capitol Hill and on political campaigns. The Geiger family enjoys spending time at Lake Anna, OBX and cheering on the Richmond Flying Squirrels.
William & Mary School of Law, J.D.
The College of William & Mary, B.A.