"Really understanding the client's objectives is essential to providing effective and efficient guidance."
Brandon advises closely-held businesses and individuals in connection with acquiring and selling businesses, raising capital and general outside counsel services. He provides practical, efficient and solution driven legal advice on both day-to day and strategic matters encountered by his clients.
Brandon‘s clients range from closely-held and middle market companies to regional and multinational businesses. He has represented:
- Various buyers and sellers in the structuring, contract negotiating and financing of merger and acquisition transactions, including cross-border transactions.
- Numerous issuers in the creation of investment funds and with the private offering of securities, including real estate syndication transactions.
- Venture capital funds and targets with respect to preferred investments.
- Clients in various industries, including finance, technology, healthcare, construction and manufacturing as outside general counsel.
- Employers on employment matters, including drafting employment and non-competition agreements for key employees, structuring deferred compensation programs, providing employment termination counseling and drafting employment separation agreements.
- Landowners in the negotiation, preparation and recording of conservation easements, restricted deeds and other transactions to conserve real property and to generate federal, state and local tax deductions, credits and benefits.
Selected for "Legal Elite" (Corporate Counsel/Business Law) 2019 Virginia Business
Selected for inclusion as a "Rising Star," Business/Corporate, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters 2014
Managing Editor for Emory University's Bankruptcy Developments Journal
Brandon has recently:
- Represented related manufacturers in the sale of business units located in Canada, Australia, Hong Kong and China.
- Represented the owners of opiate treatment centers in the sale to a national addiction treatment provider.
- Represented medical services providers in the acquisition and disposition of primary care, ophthalmology, and dental
- Represented construction companies in strategic acquisitions.
- Represented several hospital systems in the structuring of medical office real estate joint ventures.
- Represented a developer in the raising of private capital to fund the construction of a mixed use development.
- Represented a sponsor in the raising of private capital to fund the acquisition and operation of a multi-family apartment complex.
- Represented a services company in the creation of a phantom stock plan to incentivize employee retention while preserving the founder’s equity ownership.
- IM Team Assists Boxwood Partners in Sale of Dryer Vent Wizard to New-York Based Private Equity FirmYahoo! Finance , 02.28.2020
- 38 Hirschler Lawyers Named Among Virginia Business Legal Elite, Lisa Goodwin Profiled in Environmental Law CategoryVirginia Business Magazine , 12.05.2019
- Spalding Co-presents the 2017 Limited Liability Companies in Virginia CLE seminar for Virginia CLE®2017
- SEC Provides Conditional Temporary Exemptions from Form ADV and Form PF Filing and Delivery Requirements03.19.2020
- Brandon Spalding Authors Chapter 2 of the Virginia CLE®'s handbook: Limited Liability Companies in Virginia, 2017 edition2017
Beyond the Law
Beyond the Law
Brandon enjoys spending time outdoors, preferably in or near the water, with his wife and two children.
- Corporate and Business Services
- Business Planning and Organization
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Employment Counseling and Training
- Financing and Private Capital Formation
- General Counsel Services
- Health Professionals
- Hospitals and Healthcare Systems
- Private Investment Funds
- Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Tax Credit Finance
- Law clerk for the Norfolk, Virginia Circuit Court
Emory University School of Law, J.D.
University of Virginia, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia